The online gambling industry is growing at an increasingly fast pace ever since the apparition of smartphone technology and mobile casino development. Both the land-based and online casino industry are dynamic and competitive, yet they are also very different from one another. Land-based casinos for example are usually favoured by a rather traditional and ageing clientele, whilst online gambling platforms are popular amongst players of all age groups for online operators never cease to come up with revolutionary methods to attract crowds of gamblers to their website. Examples include Slotty Vegas supercharged wins feature which enables players to receive extra funds from the operator when they spin the reels of certain video slot games or the KaramBot by Karamba, a bet recommendation engine which aims at giving gamblers the help they need to place more thought-through bets. One may also come across tournaments such as Casumo’s Reel Races which promise jaw-dropping prizes or various achievement systems like that found on Vera&John which rewards users of the platform with tokens once they complete certain goals on the site. There even exists some online shops like that of Poker Stars on which players may exchange their points against gifts! If you are a new casino player, check out our Casino guide to learn more about these bonuses and the terms and conditions which apply to them.
In such a fast-moving and vibrant industry, it is normal for new casino players to feel a little lost. This is why we have compiled every last bit of our knowledge and experience to create an online Casino formation which aims at giving all new player every last bit of information they may need to better understand the world of online gaming. Whether you are after information concerning the rules of Evolution Gaming’s live games or even regarding the array of bonuses a casino may offer its new users such as sticky or non-sticky bonuses, Free Spins, Cash or Cashback to mention only a few, our online casino guide will provide you with all the necessary information. On this page, you will find a real Casino School made up of lessons and articles aimed at all new casino player in dire need of acquiring more knowledge about online gambling. With our online Casino Guide, you will learn everything there is to know about the gambling industry.
Casino terms & conditions and licences
In this part of our Casino formation, we will guide you in order for you to understand why you must read into the T&Cs before registering on an online casino and what it is important to look out for. We will provide you the tools to recognise and thus avoid potential scams. We shall explain what you should keep an eye out for in the Terms and Conditions to do so.
Our articles will touch upon the following themes:
- We will give you a detailed explanation as regards to the important points new players must check in order to withdraw their winnings on an online casino. Every casino has its own conditions and it is important for you to look into the following points:
– The documents required, for every casino will request certain specific documents such as a copy of your ID or a proof of address in order to verify your account.
– Payment delays, since the processing time varies across casinos but is also influenced by the method of payment used.
– The maximum payout (the UK regulatory authority prohibits casinos from limiting the maximum payout however some casinos still do it regardless of the regulations).
- Moreover, we will also teach you how to correctly decipher the T&Cs of a casino bonus: how much every game counts towards the wagering requirement, what the sum of the max bet is for gamblers who have yet to fulfil his wagering requirement.
- We will tell you more about Dormant fees, which are fees charged by the casino on a monthly basis when the player’s money is simply sitting in their account since they are not playing. Some casinos charge dormant fees, however this is prohibited in the UK.
- We will explain to whom a gambler can turn if they wish to escalate a complaint concerning the terms and conditions.
- We will also teach you how to recognise whether a casino is regulated or not. In order to offer its games in the UK a casino must be regulated by the UKGC.
Slot rules, paylines, characteristics and engine
Here we will help players to understand how slots work. We will take them behind the scenes and give answers to all their questions.
We will explain the following to you:
- What the hit frequency of a slot machine is, for it is essential in order for one to understand the frequency of winning rounds they may expect from a slot game.
- What the RTP (Return To Player or Payout) of a machine is, since this will enable players to have a better idea on the ratio of how much of the money they wager they will be paid back over time by the online slot machine.
- How Bonus rounds work, specificity and symbols to collect to enter the bonus round.
- Free Spins and special features.
- The volatility of a slot since this will teach you how to find out the amount of risk inherent to a slot machine and it is a crucial element for one to figure out whether the game in question caters for their needs.
Casino game rules
Live casino offers an experience which is the closest thing you can get online to that of playing in a land-based casino. The fact that you are able to see the dealer speak and manage the gameplay will make you feel as if you are sitting at a table in one of the world’s most renowned physical casinos, all that from the comfort of your own home! In our casino academy, we will explain the rules of the main live casino games to you:
- Live Roulette rules
Live roulette is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most popular live casino games you can find. There exist several variants to this game with numerous types of bets and ways to win, each more exciting than the next.
- European Roulette rules
This type of roulette is the most widely offered version of this live casino game. It is played with a roulette wheel with 36 numbers plus a single 0.
- American Roulette rules
What makes this variant of roulette differ from other variants of this game is the fact that on top of the 36 numbers it also has the double 0, meaning it’s house-edge percentage is nearly double that of the European roulette.
- Live Lightning Roulette rules
This version is perhaps the most thrilling of all! Based on the European variant of roulette, it offers players extra chances to win with the addition of Lucky numbers and Lucky payouts. On top of that, it may be played by an unlimited number of players. You can win over 500x you bet.
- Live Dragon Tiger rules
Dragon tiger resembles Baccarat, except it involves only two cards. The player must bet on which one will display the highest number or they may choose to bet it will result in a tie.
- Baccarat rules
To play this table game, you must place a bet on either your hand, the dealer’s hand or on the outcome being a tie. When the cards are dealt, the person which gets closest to 9 wins.
- Blackjack rules
Blackjack also has many variants; however, the classic version of the game is played with 8 decks of 52 cards. Each live table offers players 7 seats, yet an unlimited number of gamblers may choose to “Bet behind”. The player who achieves a hand closest to 21 without going over wins.
- Video Poker rules
Video Poker brings to mind a slot machine, yet the mechanics of the game are quite different. As the rules state, in order to win a hand, you must obtain a pair of jacks or higher.
- Live Three Card Poker rules
In order to play this live casino game, player need to use 3 cards to make a casino hand. They then compete against the dealer, the one with the best 3-card poker hand wins. In addition to this, you may also get the Pair Plus and Six Card Bonus bets which both offer massive payouts.
- Live Caribbean Stud Poker rules
This exciting variant of poker promises an adrenaline rush! According to the rules, you will compete against the dealer with a 5-card hand, however there is also a 5+1 Bonus Bet and Progressive Jackpot side bet which offer players a chance at making huge wins regardless of their results in the main game.
- Craps rules
Craps is played using 2 six-sided dice. Each player will have a chance to roll the dice for they are passed round counter-clockwise. The one to roll the dice is called the “shooter”. There exist a variety of bets one can make when playing craps, and we will tell you more about these and about craps rules in this section.
- Pontoon rules
This is the Australian version of Blackjack, however there is also a British version of Pontoon which has slightly different rules. What makes this game differ from Blackjack amongst other things is the fact that a player’s hand is not taken into account until it reaches a total of 15 or over.
- Casino Hold’em rules
The rules of this game are very similar to those of Texas hold’em, the main difference being that gamblers play against the dealer instead of one another. In order to win, one must beat the dealer’s hand.
- Live ultimate Texas Hold’em rules
In this game the best 5-card hand wins, just like in the classic version. On top of placing an ante and blind bet, the player may also place a Trips bonus bet and is given 3 opportunities of making a play bet.
Casino platforms and igaming technologies
In our casino academy, we will also talk about the user experience of the casino platform as well as the different slot providers offered on the online casino platform, such as Netent, Yggdrasil, Microgaming, Blueprint and many more. Some of these companies which design and supply games to casino operators have been around for decades, whilst others have only recently entered the market.
If you have questions about the online gaming industry, contact us and we will be happy to help you by publishing some articles on those subjects.